Monitoring and Evaluation
CRS promotes an approach to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) that supports judicious management of resources and appropriate tools to measure progress and results of projects and programs. M&E supports the documentation of accountability and impact and answers questions related to how well a project is working.
M&E is also critical to improving management. It can help identify the conditions under which a project is likely to succeed or fail, serve as an early warning system for potentially difficult issues, and generate ideas for remedial actions. An effectively delivered, utilization-focused M&E system will provide the basis for improved decision making. More.
M&E publications by subject
M&E publications by type
- Communication Toolbox
- Guidance on Participatory Assessments
- Guidance on Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in Emergencies
- ProPack III: A Guide to Creating a SMILER M&E System
- Rapid Rural Appraisal and Participatory Rural Appraisal [ English | French ]
- Introduction to Catholic Relief Services M&E Standards
- Guidance for Implementing Station Days
Nine practical training modules providing guidance and tools on topics ranging from hiring to report writing.
- M&E Standards Narrated Presentation
- Introduction aux normes de S & E de CRS
- Introducción a los Estándares de M&E de CRS